Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The gift of memories

I just received my first call for a Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep session. The baby has been in the NICU for sixteen days and this morning, they realized that he was not far from passing. I was not able to go, unfortunately; finding care for my toddler last minute can be complicated.

I am so honored, though, to have a chance to be a part of this organization. I had heard about it peripherally through a friend whose baby was born with severe birth defects and lived for only a day. Thankfully, a loved one connected them with NILMDTS and they were able to do a photo session with him. I heard about it again recently on the Today show (you can see the spot here) and knew immediately that I needed to share my talents with this amazing organization.

If you know of someone who will lose a child and could be served, please contact me or the organization so that we can put you in touch with a coordinator. And if you're a photographer and feel that you can join our ranks, please consider that step. The gift of photography is such a profound thing for these families. I already feel blessed, having opened my heart to them.

No comments: